Cranberry Spinach Salad with Cashews and Goat Cheese
Ingredients for the salad:
• 4 oz. baby spinach
• ½ cup cashews roasted
• ¼ cup dried cranberries
• 2 oz goat cheese
Ingredients for salad dressing:
• ¼ cup olive oil
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice freshly squeezed
• 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
• In a salad bowl, combine baby spinach, cashews, and cranberries
• In a separate small bowl, combine salad dressing ingredients: olive oil, honey, lemon juice, and poppy seeds. Wisk until well-combined.
• Pour enough salad dressing over the salad, and mix to your taste. Top with goat cheese
Slow Cooker Tuscan Tortellini Soup
• 3 28 ounce cans of fire roasted tomatoes
• 6 cups chicken broth if you like a less salty soup, use low
• 1 yellow onion finely chopped
• 1 1/2 pounds sweet or spicy Italian sausage
• 2 tablespoons garlic minced
• 2 teaspoons dried basil
• 2 tablespoons of fresh basil
• 2 teaspoons dried oregano
• 2 teaspoons salt to taste, I use 1 teaspoon
• 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
• 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 cup kale roughly chopped
• 1 cup heavy cream or half-n-half milk would work too
• 1 cup grated parmesan cheese plus more for topping
• 20 ounce package refrigerated Cheese Tortellini
1. In a large pan add sausage, onion, and garlic. Cook over medium-high heat until the sausage is completely cooked through; about 8-10 minutes.
2. Once sausage is cooked remove from heat and drain excess grease if you desire.
3. In a 6 qt. slow cooker add chicken broth, fire roasted tomatoes, cooked sausage and all of the seasonings.
4. Add lid onto slow cooker and cook on high for 2-3 hours or low 4-5.
5. Add heavy cream, shredded parmesan cheese and tortellini and cook for another 20 minutes.
6. Then add chopped kale and cook another 10 minutes.
7. Once cooked, serve and garnish with more cheese and fresh basil if you so desire.
Now for a sweet, nutritious, easy, and satisfying treat
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
2 ripe bananas
1 cup peanut butter
2 tsp vanilla
2 tbsp honey
½ tsp baking powder
4 chocolate chips for each muffin, makes 24
These are so fun to make even your children and/or grand-children can make these.
In a blender add all ingredients except the chocolate chips. Once blended pour ingredients into a muffin tin. Top with the chocolate chips.
Bake at 4oo degrees for 8 mins.